Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Marbles, marbles, marbles

    Think back to childhood, the games you played and then think about.... Marbles. Oh you know we all had them! Well I know I for sure had some. My brother and I loved them, we would race them, name them, bounce them (well try to), count them, trade them, and more. They were so much fun!!! 
    Here during training we have been not only learning about each other, about ourselves, theology, the countries we are going to, how to react there, the people we will work with, how to work with them, how to immerse with the people, butttt we have been playing different games to gain marbles. Whattt? I never thought I would play with them again.
    But the point about the marbles is not the actually games but it is the thought behind it, throughout the games there are opportunities to give or keep. Share your marbles or others to another, then the question arises why did someone get awarded for being selfish? How is that fair? Well the truth is it is not but life happens like that. I know I am a SUPER competitive person! And at first I began with a lot of marbles, I still have an ok amount but I have the urge to give to those who don't have a lot. 
    Time will tell who will have the most by the end of training and who will come on top, but I know for me a lesson has been relearned from childhood about giving and being selfless. 

1 comment: