Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Helping Hand

A wise woman, who had a signature look and who kept to herself and influenced people through her films and later through her relief work once stated:

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. And remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others."

The phenomenal woman in which these powerful words came from is the glamorous Audrey Hepburn. Most people know people know her from her movies such as Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Love in the Afternoon, or Funny Face. These movies are some of my favorites, but I also love her for what she spoke. Just in this quote, one should follow and listen to the wisdom that is spoken in these lines above.

As I go on this journey I have to take these lessons along with me, I mean I follow them here in my life but faced with different people who I don't know in an unknown area might be harder in a way. One should prepare their mind, body, but mainly their heart for everything they face in life. Realizing you have a helping hand for not just those who are close to you, but to complete strangers. Not only are they strangers, but their are many obstacles to jump with them, such as a language barrier, culture, age, and many more. But with the love of Christ over you anything is possible. He is over you, watching over you in everything you do. Some verses I cling to in times of distress are:

'My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praise, and I am saved from my enemies.' 2 Samuel 22:3-4
'Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10
'Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.' Psalm 138:7
'The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.' Zephaniah 3:17

This is just one way I can stay close to the Lord, the main way I love to worship him is through song. I feel so close to him in those time. My soul overflows with his love and I fully surrender to his grace. Especially when I play and sing, that is my time with him my time to rejoice in him and to love on him. He is my Rock and I just want to celebrate him! Keeping to these truths- he has called me and equipped me to care for all, that he is going to protect me through it, and that I will rejoice him in it all. Are going to keep me going through these times!



No comments:

Post a Comment