Saturday, April 20, 2013

COME ONE COME ALL

'Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul, 
And sings the tune--without the words, 
And never stops at all, 

And sweetness in the gale is heard; 
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm. 

I've heard it in the chillest land, 
And on the strangest sea; 
Yet, never, in extremity, 
It asked a crumb of me.' 

-Emily Dickinson  

HOPE is strong, loving, kind, helpful, and caring. Here in this poem Dickinson describes HOPE as one that gives, and is strong, able, stays with us all the time yet does not ask for anything in return. Today was a day my HOPE grew immensely. Today was my yard sale, yesterday we got a lot of rain and so worries ran through my veins. Anxiety eased through my pours as I waited for those to come. Some came, others not. I kept on praying and then this poem came to my mind. I love Emily Dickinson and this is a poem I have known for a while, and when I get down I simply recite the first stanza. And I am calmer but another thing is trusting in the Lord. 

Since December, when I began the journey of applying for this program I started to trust more and more. I knew that I was not going to be able to get to Africa with out his love and support. Along with think about this poem I recite one of my favorite bible verses, it is not much but the words are powerful to me. 

'Rejoice always; pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.' 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

When I read this verse years ago I just held onto it dear to my heart, because it is what I need to hear a lot of times. And when I hear it I feel a lot better. 

I know that I have hard times a head, but God has been blessing me so much. Like I said I had my Yard Sale today, and I had a great turn out and made good money! I was so thankful for Christ, which I am not ever not thankful! OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!! and he is doing great and powerful things! 

1 comment:

  1. Ive seen you grow and change so much over the last year! Wow girl you are finding who you are, and she is a beautiful, creative, warm loving and kind young lady. Remember at the bible study, when Trey talked about the soul being fickle, thats been my focus this week, reading OUT LOUD, and listening to PSALM and Proverbs... I am praying for you girl.. you got this.... keep growing into You!!!

    ReplyDelete