Monday, April 8, 2013

Intro

Hello all,

   So this is my blog that I am going to set up for my journey towards Africa in July! The sheer joy that runs through my veins bubbles out to others. I just cannot believe that God has provided such an amazing opportunity for me. To go, live with the people, learn their culture, do all they do, at the same time teach them about God and love on them. Help them better some of their customs. I cannot even fathom what I am going to see there! I want to thank those who have helped me finically along the way! It means so much to me! Either through just giving, buying either a painting or bracelet it is all worthwhile! Also for all those who have continued to pray and pray for me along this journey I could not have done it without you guys. My prayer warriors surrounding me and protecting me, y'all are amazing. This trip is not only going to be physically challenging but also mentally challenging. A huge culture shock. I have been to africa before, but I did not live like they live now I do. I eat their food, journey and get water with them, live in a 1 man tent, carry 4 pairs of clothes with me, it is going to be intense. But you know God is preparing me.
   Getting to this decision was a battle, I mean 6 months gone, from the US, with a backpack, and a group of strangers, going across Africa. I was a little scared at first. But God has eased my fears, and he is easing my fears about the money. For their check off I need $9,300 and right now I have $7,500. I need just a little bit more to get there! But then after that I need about another $1,500 for supplies and such. Their check off is due on June 6th. But I am soon going to have a yard sale, April 19th and 20th at my house. Full of all sorts of stuff! If anyone has something to donate to it, just let me know. If not everyone should head on out those two days!!! Also I am selling paintings and bracelets! I can paint about anything, my forte is abstract but I can mix together something basically anything you want. And the bracelets are just simple yarn ones that are a dollar. The paintings vary. Thank you again for everything and I will keep y'all updated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment